The Vicks Forehead Thermometer is an infrared thermometer designed to make taking temperatures easy and non-invasive. An instant temperature measurement is achieved by simply swiping the thermometer over the forehead.
Note: Please refer to the Instruction Manual before using this thermometer.
- The measurement takes only 3 seconds, so the thermometer is ideal for use on children who find it difficult to keep still.
- Easy to read, large display with backlight.
- The display changes colour according to the temparature range (green if there is no fever, yellow when the temperature is slightly elevated, and red to indicate a possible high fever).
- The device emits 10 short beeps when the temperature is above 37.5°C, to indicate that a fever may be present.
- Up to 8 reading memory.
- No probe covers needed.
- Gentle ComfortTouch™ Tip.
- Non-invasive so can even be used when the patient is asleep.
- Storage cover included.
Vicks Forehead Thermometer provides innovative, clinically proven technology that makes taking temperatures easy for both parents and children. The forehead is ideal for taking non-invasive temperature measurements. Simply swipe over the forehead for an accurate reading, instantly.
How the Vicks Forehead Thermometer measures temperature
The Vicks Forehead Thermometer measures infrared energy emitted from the skin above the eyebrow area and the surrounding tissue. This energy is collected through the lens and converted to a temperature value. Temperature reading is obtained by scanning above the eyebrow area which provides the greatest accuracy.
The Vicks Forehead Thermometer has been clinically tested and proven to be safe and accurate when used in accordance with its operating instruction manual.
The Vicks brand and products are well known and respected in Australian households. Vicks has maintained a high level of product quality and efficacy over many decades.
Fever InSight Technology
Fever InSight Technology helps you to better understand the meaning of your child’s temperature with the colour indicated on the display. The screen displays green if there is no fever, yellow when the temperature is slightly elevated and red for possible high fever. 10 short beeps indicate temperature above 37.5°C, in order to alert the patient that they may have a fever.
36.1 – 37.5
37.6 – 38.2
Possible high fever
Measurement in 3 seconds
The innovative infrared technology allows measurement of forehead temperature in only 3 seconds. This makes it ideal for infants and children who find staying still difficult. Also ideal for health care professionals where time and accuracy are important.
Accurate and reliable
This unit offers clinically proven accuracy (+/-0.2oC) within a range of 32.2oC – 42.8oC. Temperature reading are reliable due to the unique probe assembly, advanced infrared sensor and complete calibration process.
Gentle and easy to use:
- Gentle ComfortTouch tip
- The Vicks Forehead Thermometer is
non-invasive. A measurement can be taken even while a child is asleep.
- Design makes the Forehead Thermometer easy to hold and use.
- The Forehead Thermometer is less threatening to a child than a rectal thermometer.
The last reading is automatically displayed for 3 seconds when the unit is switched on. This is to assist with recording and monitoring temperatures.
Multiple reading recalls
Users can recall the last 12 readings when entering the MemoryTrackerä recall mode, enabling efficient tracking of temperature history and variations.
Safe and hygienic:
- No risk of broken glass or mercury ingestion
- Completely safe for use on children
Battery and Warranty
The Vicks Forehead Thermometer has an automatic shut off feature where the unit will turn itself off approximately 1 minute after last measurement has been taken, thereby extending the battery life.
The Vicks Forehead Thermometer is supplied with 2x AAA batteries, which last for at least 1,000 measurements. Replace with 2 new AAA batteries when the flashing battery symbol appears on the LCD display. Batteries can be easily changed by sliding open the battery cover and replacing batteries as indicated.
The Vicks Forehead Thermometer is durable and manufactured for normal, household use. It is available with a 3 year warranty. The distributors for this product, Felton Grimwade & Bosisto’s Pty Ltd, will provide quick and efficient customer service should any problems or defects arise ph: 1800 655 841.
What is a fever?
Fever is the body’s natural defence mechanism to help fight invasion from bacteria and viruses. The body turns up its natural heating system which in turn assists the immune system to fight infection.
“Normal” body temperature is around 37°C (give or take a degree or so as everyone’s personal set temperature is slightly different). A “fever” indicates the body’s temperature has risen, typically by a few degrees (under 39°C is considered ‘mild’ and over 39°C in the higher range).
Children tend to develop fevers quite frequently – their immune systems are still developing and can ‘over-react’ to invaders, plus they’re exposed to lots of bugs at school and day care.
Fevers are usually harmless and can actually help fight the illness; however they do need to be monitored carefully using a reliable digital thermometer - in some cases, a doctor’s visit may be necessary.
For children, visit your doctor right away if your child has a fever and:
- Looks very sick
- Is drowsy or very fussy
- Has a weakened immune system or other medical problems
- Has a seizure (frebrile seizures are actually quite common with high temps, so don’t be alarmed, just keep the child safe during and take them to your GP afterwards)
- Has a temperature over 40 degrees C.
- Has other symptoms such as rash, sore throat, headache, stiff neck, or earache
- If the fever lasts more than 1 day in a child less than 2 years old or lasts more than 3 days in a child age 2 or older.
For adults, see a doctor if your fever is higher than 39.5 degrees C for three days or doesn’t respond to medication such as paracetamol.
- Manufacturer: Vicks
- Model: V977AUS01
- Power: 2x AAA Batteries (included)
- Measuring Range in Body/Forehead Mode: 34 to 42.2℃
- Display Resolution 0.1℃
- Product Weight: 99.5g